TV Channel Apps FAQ
What is the Spectrum TV App?
Watch your favorite shows and movies with the Spectrum TV App while on the go at no extra charge. Choose from a wide selection of channels on your tablet, smartphone or smart TV. Watch Live TV and On Demand, browse Guide listings, set up DVR recordings and much more.
The Spectrum TV App gives you more choices for watching your favorite programs.
The Spectrum TV App is available on:
• Android devices
• Amazon Kindle Fire devices
• Xbox One
• Samsung Smart TVs (2012 and newer models)
• Most streaming players and tablets
What are TV Channel Apps?
TV channel apps make life easy by allowing you to watch your favorite TV channels on your smartphone or tablet. So you don't need a TV to watch live TV or On Demand. Are you already subscribed to Spectrum TV? Make sure you sign in using the same username and password for the TV channel app (i.e. ABC app). Learn more about the TV channel apps Spectrum supports.
How do I get these apps?
You can download the Spectrum TV app and many other TV channel apps (e.g. ABC, WatchESPN, or CNN) from your device's app store. Visit our TV channel apps page for direct download links.
What do I need to use these apps?
- Activate your Spectrum TV subscription. (Select Spectrum as your provider after downloading and opening the app.)
Note: Your TV channels will vary based on the your subscription level.
- An Internet connection
- Spectrum sign-in details (username and password)
- A supported mobile device or streaming device – learn more.
What do I do once I have the app?
- Open the app on your device.
- Select Spectrum as your cable provider when prompted.
- To begin watching TV on the app, sign in using your Spectrum username and password.
Can I access these apps without WiFi?
You can use the Spectrum TV App and other TV channel apps on-the-go without a wireless connection. However, mobile data rates may apply when you're not connected to WiFi.
When using the Spectrum TV App, channel availability is limited when viewing content outside of your home. For your full Spectrum TV channel lineup, connect your device to your In-home WiFi network.
How do I manage parental controls settings for TV channel apps?
Your parental controls settings from your SpectrumTV.com won't carry over to TV channel apps. If you want to apply or manage parental controls for a TV channel app, use the Settings or Preferences menus within the app.