Spectrum On Demand Troubleshooting
If you're experiencing issues with your Spectrum On Demand service, following the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the problem.
Use the quick links to navigate to the section of your choice.
- General Troubleshooting
- On Demand unavailable
- Scrambled picture/digital tiling
- Can't access On Demand on some networks
- Can't fast forward On Demand
- Can't record VOD
- No On Demand button on remote control
- More Troubleshooting
The steps below can be used to solve problems related to the following:
- Picture quality
- Accessing On Demand on some networks
- Movie does not play after ordering
- Unable to Process Request/Please Try Again Later/Cannot Fulfill Request at This Time
- Wrong movie plays after ordering
For general troubleshooting needs:
- Check behind all TV and cable equipment (Spectrum Receiver, TV, VCR, DVD player, etc.) and the coaxial cable at the wall outlet for any loose or damaged connectors.
- Refresh the signal to your receiver. Learn how
- If you still can't access Video On Demand, power cycle your receiver by unplugging it for at least 15 seconds. Wait up to 20 minutes for the receiver to fully recover, and then turn it back on.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please contact us.
On Demand Unavailable
Due to traffic on the On Demand platform, Spectrum On Demand may be unavailable for a short period of time. Please try accessing Spectrum On Demand again in a few minutes.
If you continue to experience issues, try the general troubleshooting steps listed above.
Scrambled Picture/Digital Tiling
If your picture is experiencing scrambling or tiling, stop the VOD movie/program and try restarting it from the beginning. If you continue to experience issues, try the general troubleshooting steps listed above.
Can't Access On Demand on Some Networks
You'll only have access to VOD content that you currently subscribe to with your Spectrum TV service. For instance, if you're trying to access content on a premium channel like HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Starz or Starz Encore, you must subscribe to these with your TV service to have them available in Video On Demand.
If you're having trouble viewing VOD content for channels you subscribe to, try the general troubleshooting steps listed above.
Can't Fast Forward On Demand
Due to programming restrictions, certain On Demand content can't be fast forwarded.
Can't Record VOD
Video On Demand program recording is not allowed. You can only watch a Video On Demand program during the rental period for the program.
No On Demand Button on Remote
Access VOD directly by tuning your receiver to Channel 1.
VOD Error Codes
Learn more about Spectrum On Demand services.