Explore the Spectrum TV App
View live programming, TV Guide listings, On Demand content and more anywhere with an internet connection.
When streaming content away from home, some programs may be grayed out, indicating they are unavailable to watch out of home. This applies to select Live TV content, Guide listings, On Demand titles and Search results. For full access to your TV channel lineup, connect to your In-home Spectrum Internet network.
When you first sign in to the Spectrum TV app, you'll have a chance to view a Feature Tour, that will guide you through how to search and filter your programming. Simply navigate to Support and select the View Tour button.
Select the Live TV icon at the bottom of the screen and choose a title. While watching live programming, you can:
- Tap on the video to display full screen. Tap the full-screen video to return to the list of live programming.
- Select the speech icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen to manage your Closed Captioning and SAP (secondary audio program) settings.
Restart Live TV
Live programs marked with an arrow can be restarted.
Tap the arrow to watch your selection from the beginning. You can also:
- Pause, fast-forward or rewind.
- View the program in full- or wide-screen.
- Adjust the volume.
- Manage your Closed Captioning and SAP settings.
- Select Done to view program information and additional episodes.
To view a list of recently watched programs while viewing Live TV, swipe left on the video and then select a title of your choice.
The Guide displays available TV listings. You can use the Guide to filter or search for specific titles, as well as watch and record programming. The Guide will show you all programming that you are entitled to watch based on your subscription.
To navigate the Guide:
- Scroll left, right, up or down to view all available TV listings.
- Select a program to Watch Live, On Demand or Watch on TV.
- Tap on the magnifying glass icon to search for TV series, movies, sports teams, people and network names.
- Select Filter to view your Favorites, HD channels or titles available to watch through the app.
My Library is a central location that displays personalized content for you in several sections:
- Recently Watched: Shows you On Demand content that you've paused. Choose a program to keep watching.
- Recent Channels: Shows channels that you've recently watched. Choose a channel to view live programming.<
You'll also be able to view your Watchlist and Favorite Channels.
Select the On Demand icon at the bottom of the screen to browse programming. After selecting an On Demand program, you can choose Watch on TV to send the program to your default Spectrum Receiver.
Watch On TV
The Watch on TV option allows you to use the Spectrum TV app to send select programming to a receiver in your home.
To send programming to a receiver to watch it on TV:
- Select My Library and then open the Settings menu.
- Choose Devices from the Settings menu.
- Choose the receiver you want to send the program to. Learn more about managing your Devices.
- Select On Demand at the bottom of the screen and then choose the program you want to watch.
- Tap Watch on TV.
- A confirmation banner will appear at the top of your device's screen indicating the receiver the program is now playing on. Learn how to change your default device.
Rotten Tomatoes Critic Ratings
- Open the Spectrum TV app on your mobile device.
- Select the On Demand tab.
- Choose a movie.
- View the Rotten Tomatoes rating (%).
Android and iOS mobile devices using the Spectrum TV app can send programs to watch on their TV using the Cast feature or Apple Airplay Mirroring.
You can select the Cast option on your Android phone/tablet or Kindle tablet to play video content from the Spectrum TV app on your Chromecast or Android TV (Android OS 4.2 or higher):
- From your Android mobile device, open Settings.
- Select Display, then Cast.
- Choose the device you want to cast to.
For more information, visit Android Help.
While watching Live TV or On Demand programming on the Spectrum TV app, you can Airplay from an iPhone (iOS 9.0 or higher) to an Apple TV (2nd generation or later):
- Ensure that your iPhone and Apple TV are connected to your In-home WiFi network.
- Open the Spectrum TV app on your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open the Control Center.
- Select Airplay Mirroring and then select your Apple TV or Mac computer from the list. If prompted, enter your AirPlay passcode.
For more information, visit Apple Support.
You can also connect a compatible iOS or Android mobile device directly to the HDMI port of your TV to mirror Spectrum TV app content on your TV. Refer to the manufacturer of your device for more information about the type of cable needed for this connection.
If a Spectrum Receiver in your home has Spectrum Guide, you can use the Send to TV function for On Demand content. For piad content, you'll need to complete your purchase on your television using your remote control.