Digital Adapter Support
Download your DTA Quick Start Guide
Use the links below to find support for your digital adapter:
Program Your Remote
First, try automatically programming your remote:
- Turn on your TV and tune it to the output channel you chose during installation (Ch. 3 or 4), or the proper HDMI input.
- Install the batteries that were included in your kit in the remote. Press and hold the PROG key for 3 seconds or until the LED turns on.
- Press the ch+ key to enter the automatic code search mode. The remote will transmit the TV power code every 1.5 seconds and the LED will blink at the same time.
- When your TV turns off, immediately press the TV key. This will store the code and exit the search mode. If your remote is still not programmed, you may need to repeat the first three steps and press the TV button faster.
If automatic programming is unsuccessful, you can manually program your remote:
- Find the list of TV codes packaged with your remote control. Turn on your TV and tune it to the output channel you chose during installation (Ch. 3 or 4), or the proper HDMI input.
- Install the batteries that were included with this kit in the remote.
- Press and hold the PROG key until the LED turns on, then press the TV key (the LED will blink one time and stay on.
- Find the four-digit TV code for your TV brand. Press and release the four numeric keys.
If the LED blinks two times quickly, the code is VALID. Press the TV button to turn the TV off, then press again to turn the TV on.
If the LED blinks three times quickly, the code is NOT valid. Input another code or cancel remote programming by pressing the TV key.
If you're able to control the TV power on/off with the TV button on the DTA remote, you've successfully programmed your remote to your TV. If not, return to step 3 above and try the next code for your TV brand.
Programming Volume Control
- The remote is initially set to control the volume and mute functions of the DTA. If you'd like to use the remote to control volume and mute on your TV instead, first make sure you've completed the automatic or manual programming successfully.
- Press and hold the PROG key for three seconds or until the LED turns on.
- Press the VOL+ key.
If you'd like to keep your adapter out of sight and still get a remote signal, enable RF mode:
- Make sure that your DTA is powered on, properly installed and your remote has batteries installed. Your remote must be able to see the front of the adapter during setup.
- Using your adapter's remote, press and hold the PROG button until the LED on the remote turns on, then press the INFO button. The LED on the remote will blink slowly to indicate that it's now in pairing mode.
- Enter the 3-digit number that appears on your TV screen with the keys on your remote. If the numbers are entered correctly, your TV will show Success!. If the numbers aren't entered correctly, your TV will show Sorry, the entry was incorrect. You can try again by entering the displayed code.
Use Your Remote
If your remote control doesn't work:
- Make sure the batteries are installed correctly.
- Make sure the remote can see the front of the adapter.
- Use youre TV remote to turn the TV on or off.
If there's no picutre and the light on the adapter is blinking:
- Check that all the cable are firmly connected.
- Make sure you've contacted us to activate your adapter.
- Unplug the adapter, plug it back in and wait five minutes for it to reset.
If the light on the front of the adapter isn't illuminated:
Make sure the power cord is attached to the adapter and plugged in to a live electrical outlet.
If there's no picture and the light on the adapter is solid green:
- If you're using an HDMI cable, make sure your TV is set to the HDMI input.
- If you're using a coaxial cable, make sure the TV and adapter are set to the samme channel (3 or 4).
- Try switching the TV and adapter to the other channel (3 or 4).
- If connecting through a VCR or DVD player, make sure it's on.
- Make sure all cables are firmly connected.
- Check the input setting on your TV. Make sure it's set to ANT or CABLE.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to set my TV to a specific channel?
If you connected your adapter with a coaxial cable, set your TV and adapter to either channel 3 or 4, whichever channel doesn't currently receive programming. If you connected with an HDMI cable, make sure your TV is set to the correct input.
What's the difference between a Spectrum Receiver and a Digital Adapter?
A Spectrum Receiver (cable box) processes digital-quality signals and offers access to On-Demand Programming and our onscreen programming guide. An adapter simply converts a digital signal into a format your TV can use.
Where can I find the latest channel lineup?
Visit Spectrum.com and enter your address to view your channel lineup.