Activate Your Spectrum Receiver
There are two ways to activate your Spectrum Receiver:
Before attempting to activate your receiver, please leave it powered on and connected to the cable outlet for 15 minutes.
After you've connected your receiver to your TV, you'll need to activate it to complete the installation. If you're using more than one receiver, please connect each one to a TV before activating. All of your receivers will be activated at the same time.
You'll need to enter your account number or the phone number listed on your Spectrum account to begin the activation process.
- Activate your receiver online.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to start watching TV.
Activate by Phone
You'll need to enter your account number and the phone number listed on your Spectrum account to begin the activation process.
- Call (877) 764-4054.
- Follow the activation prompts.
- Typically, you'll be able to watch your favorite networks and shows shortly after activation while your guide continues to load.
Southern California Activation Steps:
If you use the program guide shown below, you should follow these special steps. If any other guide appears on your screen, you can use the activation methods above.
- After you connect your receiver and power it on, it should start downloading software. This process can take up to 60 minutes. It's important that you don't interrupt the download process by unplugging the receiver or pressing any buttons.
- You'll see different numbers and letters appear across the display of the receiver. Once the download is completed, your receiver will turn off automatically and display "----" (four dashes).
Note: Don't turn on your receiver at this point.
- Once you see "----" (four dashes) on your receiver, call (855) 232-1886 and follow the final activation steps.
- Typically, you'll be able to watch your favorite networks and shows shortly after activation while your guide finishes loading.