Spectrum Cloud Drive: Decommission
The Spectrum Cloud Drive will be discontinued and access to the platform will be suspended on May 15, 2018. The termination of this service will not have any impact on other products and you will continue to receive your Spectrum Internet service.
You'll be able to continue using the services until May 14, 2018. On May 15, we'll shut down the service completely and you'll no longer have access to files on your account. If you currently have data stored on Spectrum Cloud Drive, we recommend that you act immediately to move that data to your local hard drive or by using a new cloud storage service commonly offered by large email providers.
If you currently have data stored on Spectrum Cloud Drive, we recommend that you act immediately to move that data to a new location. You'll be able to continue using the services until May 14, 2018. On May 15, we'll shut down the service completely and you'll no longer have access to files on your account.
The Spectrum Cloud Drive is an online data storage service that has been offered to Spectrum Internet customers. It allows customers to set automatic backups and share files like photos, music, files, etc.
Use the quick links below for helpful instructions on how to take the necessary steps to transition off the platform. For addition Spectrum Cloud Drive support, visit Spectrum Cloud Drive Overview or Using Your Spectrum Cloud Drive.
If you have additional questions, please contact us.
Accessing your account can be done via web browser, mobile browser or downloaded software. Due to the upcoming decommission, accessing your account through a web browser is recommended to avoid having to take additional steps of installing then uninstalling the software.
- To begin, navigate to https://clouddrive.charter.net/
- Enter your Spectrum.net email address, password and ZIP code associated with the account.
- After signing in to your account, navigate to File Manager, located in the tool bar at the top of the page.
- There is a checkbox next to each file or folder name. Select the files or folders that you'd like to download. Once at least one item is selected, the
(download button) will be enabled in the top toolbar. Selecting this button will start the download of any selected files. If more than one file is selected, they'll be combined into a single .zip file and downloaded to the Downloads folder on your local hard drive. If only one file is selected, it'll be downloaded to the Downloads folder of your local hard drive unzipped.
If you have the desktop client installed on your computer, use the instructions below to uninstall the software:
- Choose the Start Menu and then select Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features from the list.
- Find the program Charter Cloud Drive Backup and select Uninstall from the top toolbar. If prompted, enter the admin password.
- The uninstall process will begin. When it's done, you may need to restart your computer.
- Locate the Cloud Drive icon in your toolbar. Choose the icon to launch the software:
- Select Uninstall. If prompted, enter the admin credentials to continue. Once entered, the software will be removed immediately.
Managing Your Email Settings on Spectrum.net Video
Setting Up Spectrum Internet Service
Setting Up Spectrum In-Home WiFi
Setting Up Spectrum Internet and In-Home WiFi
Setting Up Spectrum Internet, WiFi, and Voice Services
Test Internet WiFi Speeds
Security Suite Video
Resetting Your Modem Video
Setting Up Internet and Voice Services
Replacing Your Modem