Installing Security Suite for Windows
Follow the instructions below to download and install Security Suite on your Windows computer.
Prior to installing the Security Suite, verify that your Windows computer meets the following system requirements:
System Requirements for Security Suite: Windows 7, 8, or 10
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 2GHz or higher
- Memory: 1GB or more
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8, or 10 32-bit & 64-bit: All editions
- Disk Space: 1.2 GB free hard drive space
- Display: 16-bit or more (65000 colors)
- Internet Connection: An internet connection is required to validate subscription and to receive software updates.
Uninstall Existing Anti-Virus Software
Security Suite will automatically uninstall or prompt you to manually remove any existing anti-virus software on your computer.
Download Security Suite
- Sign in to Spectrum.net.
- Select Internet.
- Select Go to Security Suite and then choose Install Now.
- Choose your Operating System and create a unique Device Nickname. Then select Install to continue.
- The system will display the CharterNetworkInstaller.exe pop-up window. Select Run.
- After the scan is complete, select Continue to continue downloading of Security Suite.
If necessary, Security Suite will automatically download and run the AntiBot Scanner prior to installation. You may need to restart your computer if any harmful files are found. Learn more about the AntiBot Scanner.
Once the scan has finished, select Continue to continue downloading Security Suite. The scanner will alert you if any conflicting software is found. Select Next to continue.
- When prompted, select Accept and Install to proceed with the installation.
- A window will display the progress of the installation.
- When prompted, select Restart to restart your computer and complete the installation.
- After the installation has finished, select Close to exit the installation process.
- You've successfully installed Security Suite.