Google Chromecast WiFi Connection
Follow the steps below to connect your Google Chromecast to your wireless network.
- Plug your Chromecast into your television and make sure it has power from the USB power cable.
- On a laptop or mobile device, visit Google Chromecast Setup.
- If you're on a mobile device (tablet or smartphone), download the Chromecast app. If you're on a computer, install the Google Cast Extension setup utility.
- The app you downloaded will locate and identify your Chromecast. It'll show you the name and four-digit ID code of the Chromecast on your TV screen.
- You'll be prompted to choose your WiFi network from a dropdown menu. Choose your network from the list.
- Enter the password for your WiFi network. If you don't know it, you can find your WiFi password.