Spectrum Web Space Access: File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) allows you to easily share photos and other files through Spectrum Web Space.
Spectrum Web Space
Pick Your HTML Editing Program
Learn more about developing personal web pages.
File Transfer Protocol
Web Space provides a maximum of 20MB of storage for photos and other files. You'll need to use an FTP program to transfer files to and from your personal Web Space.Adding Files
When signing in to Web Space, the screen initially will be blank with no files shown. To upload content, click and drag a file from your desktop or another file browser into the blank space.
If you wish to delete any files from your Web Space, simply click and drag the file over to the Recycle Bin on your desktop.
You can also delete files by selecting the Delete button on your keyboard.
Macintosh OS X
The following instructions will help you use FTP to access Web Space using MAC.
- Locate and open the Macintosh HD icon from the desktop.
- Open the Applications folder and then select the Utilities folder.
- Locate and open the Terminal program.
- In the Terminal window, enter ftp firstname.lastname@example.org, where "username" is the Web Space account username.
- When prompted, enter the Web Space password.
- Once the Web Space is accessed through Terminal, you can modify your Web Space account with several commands:
- RMD: removes a directory.
- MKD: creates a directory.
- DELE: deletes a file.
- HELP: provides assistance.
- QUIT: terminates the connection.
Get Mac support.
The following instructions will help you use FTP to access Web Space using Windows.
- Open the Start menu and select My Computer.
- Enter ftp://webpages.charter.net in the search field and then select Enter.
- A new widow will display. Enter your information in the required fields and then select Log On.