Adding a New Email Account in Apple Mail
Add New Account
- Open Apple Mail, located in your Applications folder or the dock at the bottom of your screen.
- Select Mail at the top of your screen, and then choose Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select Add Account to create a new account.
- Choose from the mail clients listed and then select Continue.
Note: To add your Spectrum email account, choose Add Other Mail Account... from the list.
- Enter the following information and then select Create.
- Full Name: The name that will appear in the From field of your emails.
- Email Address: Your complete Spectrum email address (including @charter.net).
- Password: The password for your Spectrum email account.
- You'll be prompted to configure your Spectrum email account manually. Use the information below to complete the required fields and finish the new email account setup.
Incoming Mail Server
- Account Type: IMAP
- Mail Server: mobile.charter.net
- Username: Full Spectrum email address (including @charter.net)
- Password: Spectrum email password (This field should automatically populate)
Outgoing Mail Server
- SMTP Server: mobile.charter.net
- Choose Use only this server.
- Select Use authentication.
- Username: Full Spectrum email (including @charter.net)
- Password: Spectrum email password
See Apple's support site for more information about setting up and using different email accounts in Mail.
- Username: This is your full Spectrum email address.
- Password: This is the password you use to sign into your Spectrum email account.
- SSL: This setting should be ON for both SMTP and IMAP.
- Protocol: IMAP
- Incoming Email Server: mobile.charter.net
- Port: 993
- Outgoing Email Server: mobile.charter.net
- Port: 587
- Requires Authentication: Yes, or checked