Nomorobo: Block Telemarketers and Robo-Callers
- Get Started with Nomorobo
- Set up Nomorobo in Voice Online Manager
- How it Works with Your Existing Features
With Nomorobo, you can block unwanted calls from telemarketers and robo-callers. This feature uses a list of phone numbers from the FCC Do Not Call list to block suspected calls. This service is available for your landline Spectrum phones at no additional charge.
- Go to the Nomorobo website and follow the directions to sign up.
- Sign in to Spectrum.net and go to your Voice Online Manager to activate the Simultaneous Ring feature.
This feature will screen all incoming calls. If Nomorobo determines that the call is from a blacklisted number, it will block it. In this case, you'll hear a single ring. The number will show up on your caller ID on your handset and television, if applicable.
Get Started With Nomorobo:
- Go to the Nomorobo website.
- Select the Get Started Now link.
- Choose Landline/VoIP for type of phone and choose Charter or Charter Spectrum from the dropdownlist of carriers.
- Enter your email address and select Next.
- Check your email for a link and select it.
- Put in your first and last name and choose a password, then select Sign Up.
- Select the Click here to get started link.
- Choose Landline as the phone type and Charter or Charter Spectrum as the carrier.
- Enter your Spectrum Voice number and hit Next.
- Follow the instructions on the next screen. They'll tell you how to set up Nomorobo on your Spectrum Voice Online Manager.
Set up Nomorobo in Voice Online Manager
- Sign in to Spectrum.net and select the Voice icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Find and select the Simultaneous Ring feature at the bottom of the page.
- Turn the Simultaneous Ring feature ON.
- Enter the phone number that Nomorobo gave you in step 10 and select SAVE.
- Back on the Nomorobo site, select the I'm ready. Call me now. button.
- Nomorobo will place a test call to verify that the phone is now protected.
- If your phone is protected, you'll see a success message.
How it Works With Your Existing Features
Some Spectrum Voice features will take precedence over the Nomorobo blocking feature:
- Accept Selected Callers
- Block Unwanted Callers
- Selective Call Forwarding
- All Call Forwarding
- Do Not Disturb
You can also report phone numbers of telemarketers or robo-callers through the Nomorobo website.