Spectrum TV App Support for Roku Audio Guide
The Spectrum TV app works with the Roku Audio Guide to ensure programming is accessible to all customers using the app. Learn more about Spectrum Guide Narration options.
Audio Guide is a text-to-speech screen reader that reads out text, menu options and other on-screen items to help users navigate the Roku and channel apps.
The Audio Guide is available on the following Roku platforms:
- Roku Streaming Stick
- Roku Express
- Roku Express+
- Roku Premiere
- Roku Premiere+
- Roku Ultra
- Roku TVs
When enabled, the Audio Guide provides audible feedback so you can enjoy the Spectrum TV app without the need to see the screen.
Roku Remote Orientation
Hold the remote so the fabric tag is toward you. At the top left is the Back button, which can be used to "back out" of screens or to access the Main Menu of the Spectrum TV app. The top right is the Home button, which is used to exit the app and return to the Roku Home.
Below these buttons is the directional pad or d-pad, which is used for navigation. In the middle of the d-pad is the OK button, which is used to make a selection.
Below the d-pad on the left is the Instant Replay button, which can be used to rewind 30 seconds while watching some On Demand content. To the right of the Replay button is the Star button: Press it once to access Options, or four times quickly to turn on the Audio Guide.
The next three buttons, from left to right, are Rewind, Play/Pause, and Fast Forward.
The four buttons at the bottom of the remote are Channel Shortcut buttons. These buttons shouldn't be used within the Spectrum TV app. Pressing any of these will close the Spectrum TV app and open a different application.
Enable Audio Guide
When the Audio Guide shortcut is enabled, press the Star button four times rapidly to enable or disable Audio Guide from any screen. There will be audible confirmation, "Audio Guide Enabled."
Manage Audio Guide Settings
You can change the Speech Rate and Volume of the Audio Guide. To manage your Audio Guide settings from the Roku Home menu:
- Use the Up and Down arrows to scroll to Settings and then press the Right arrow button.
- Press the Down arrow to highlight Accessibility, then press the Right arrow button.
- Scroll to and highlight Audio Guide, then press OK.
- Choose the setting you want to make changes to.
- Press the Left arrow on the d-pad to go back.
Learn more at Roku Support.
Adjusting Speech Rate
- Press the Star button on your remote to open the Options menu. You'll hear "Closed Captioning button" when Audio Guide is enabled.
- Press the Down arrow until you hear the "Accessibility" option.
- Press OK to open the Accessibility menu.
- Use the Down arrow to scroll to Speech Rate, which you can set to Slow, Normal, Fast, or Very Fast using Left or Right arrows.
- Press OK to select the desired speech rate.
- Press the Star button to exit the Options menu.
Access the Spectrum TV App
Register Your Roku
- Visit Roku.com to create or sign in to your Roku account.
- Follow the prompts to register your Roku device using the code provided and complete account setup.
For further assistance, visit Roku support.
Add the Spectrum TV Channel
If you're using the Spectrum TV app on the Roku for the first time:
- Ensure your Roku is registered on your Roku account and is connected to the internet.
- From Roku Home, use your Roku remote to search for and add the Spectrum TV channel.
- Select Get Started or Watch TV and then sign in. Use the d-pad and OK button on your Roku remote to navigate the virtual keypad and enter your username and password.
- When prompted, use the d-pad to scroll through the License Agreement and then press the OK button to select I Agree and begin using the Spectrum TV app.
- You'll automatically be signed in the next time you open the Spectrum TV app.
Open the Spectrum TV app
When Audio Guide is turned on, it will read the name of the current screen, your location on the screen, identify action items and explain the options available to you.
- Press the Home button located at the top right of your Roku remote.
- Press the OK button your remote to access the My Channels screen.
- Use the navigation arrows on the d-pad to scroll to the Spectrum TV app icon. When enabled, the Audio Guide will help you to navigate your channel list by reading out the names of the TV apps as you scroll.
- Press the OK button to select the Spectrum TV channel and begin watching TV.
Explore Spectrum TV App Features
You can access the Spectrum TV Main Menu at any time by pressing Back.
Mini Guide: While watching Live TV, press Left on the d-pad to access the mini guide, which features programs that are on now.
Program Details: While watching Live TV, press Down on the d-pad to access details about the program currently playing.
The Guide displays available TV listings. You can use the Guide to browse programming based on air time, filter for specific titles or save programs to watch later.
Guide Filters: From the leftmost column in the Guide table, which lists currently airing programs, press Left on the d-pad to access Guide Filters. These allow you to change the order in which channels are sorted or to view only certain types of programs in the Guide.
The On Demand section contains programs that are available to watch at any time, organized by category. If you select a TV show or movie you will land on the detail page for that program, allowing you to select an episode or play the selected program.
The Search section includes an alphabetical grid keypad in 6 columns and 7 rows. After entering one or more characters, results will be populated on the right of the page. Delete, Space and Clear buttons are also located at the bottom of the keypad.
Descriptive Video Services
To enable DVS:
- Press the Star button on your remote to open the Options menu. You'll hear "Closed Captioning button."
- Press the Down arrow on the d-pad until you hear the "Audio Track" option.
- Press the Right arrow on the d-pad until you hear "Spanish."
- Press the Star button to exit the Options menu.
Learn more about Roku Accessibility options.
Welcome to Spectrum Guide Video
Spectrum Guide Navigation Video
Spectrum Guide: Using Favorites Video
Spectrum Guide: Programming Your DVR Video
Spectrum Guide: My Library Video
Spectrum Guide: Parental Controls Video
Programming Your DVR Video
Spectrum Guide: On Demand Video
Programming Your Remote Video
Programming Your Spectrum Remote Video