DVR External Hard Drive (eSATA) Port
An external hard drive increases the recording capacity of your DVR beyond the device's internal storage capability. Spectrum supports external hard drive connections via the External Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (eSATA) port available on Cisco/Scientific Atlanta and Motorola DVRs.
The eSATA port supports external retail hard drives that are compatible with DVRs. The external hard drive packaging should state whether it's certified for DVR use.
Due to technical limitations, customers in the following areas may not have an eSATA port on their DVR:
|Westover||Thousand Oaks||Yerington||Chatham||Burns||Stoney Creek|
- Make sure the external hard drive is plugged in and powered on.
- Allow approximately 15 to 30 seconds for the external hard drive to reach operating speed.
- Connect one end of the eSATA cable to the eSATA port on the back of the DVR.
- Connect the other end of the eSATA cable to the eSATA port on the external hard drive.
- A message will appear prompting you to format your external hard drive. Select Yes.
When you connect an external hard drive to your DVR for the first time, it'll format itself to work with that specific DVR.
You can connect multiple external hard drives to a single DVR for increased recording storage. Each device will be formatted to that specific DVR when connected.
If an external hard drive is disconnected, programs stored on the device won't be accessible until reconnected to the same DVR.
Storing and Accessing Recordings
All recorded programs can be accessed through the DVR recording list.
Recorded programs will automatically be saved to the hard drive with the most available space. A single recording will never be split between hard drives.
The DVR doesn't indicate where content is stored (internally or externally) and doesn't allow for you to move existing content between hard drives.
eSATA Hard Drive Not Recognized
Pause During Fast Forward/Rewind
If your DVR pauses while you are attempting to fast forward or rewind content, power cycle your Spectrum receiver:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the DVR.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
Please visit our DVR Troubleshooting support page for further assistance.