Spectrum Receiver (Cable Box) Troubleshooting
Follow the troubleshooting steps below if you are experiencing issues related to your Spectrum receiver (cable box).
Red Light on Spectrum receiver
A red light indicates you have a message from Spectrum, which can be accessed through the Interactive Program Guide. Follow the steps below to view/delete the message.
- Press Menu on your Universal remote.
- Scroll to the Messages icon in the right column using the arrow keys on your remote.
- Scroll to the desired message, if necessary, and press OK.
- Scroll to the Save or Delete icon and press OK to complete the action.
- Press Exit on the remote to exit the guide.
- Make sure the Spectrum receiver is plugged into an electrical outlet and that the cord is firmly plugged into the back of the Spectrum receiver.
- If the Spectrum receiver is plugged into a power strip, try plugging it directly into the wall.
- Make sure the Spectrum receiver isn't plugged into an outlet controlled by a light switch.
- If the is still not powering up, please contact us for further assistance.
Channel ProblemsMost issues related to receiving Spectrum TV channels can be resolved by resetting your Spectrum receiver. To do this, unplug your Spectrum receiver and wait 15 seconds before plugging it back in. Wait 30 seconds and then turn the Spectrum receiver back on.
Access to premium channels requires a Spectrum receiver and subscription to Spectrum TV premium channels. Learn more about Spectrum TV packages.
Service ProblemsNo Picture After Power Outage
If you are experiencing problems following a power outage, unplug your Spectrum receiver and wait 15 seconds before plugging it back in. Services may be affected if the power is still out in areas nearby.Sun Outage
A phenomenon known as Sun Outages occurs twice a year and may cause periodic outages in certain areas. Learn more about Sun Outages and how they may impact your service.Closed Captioning
Setting Up Spectrum TV Video
HD Autotune-Motorola Video
Spectrum TV App Video
Watch TV Online at Spectrum.net Video
Troubleshooting Your TV Picture Video
Spectrum Guide Navigation Video
Welcome to Spectrum Guide Video
Spectrum Guide: My Library Video
Spectrum Guide: Parental Controls Video
Spectrum Guide: Programming Your DVR Video