Spectrum Receiver Troubleshooting
Follow the troubleshooting steps below if you're experiencing issues related to your Spectrum Receiver. You can also access our TV troubleshooting page for more support.
Red Light on Spectrum Receiver
A red light means you have a message from Spectrum. Follow the steps below to view/delete the message.
- Press Menu on your remote.
- Find Messages in your on-screen guide.
- Scroll to the desired message, if necessary, and press OK.
- Scroll to the Save or Delete icon and press OK.
- Press Exit on the remote to exit the guide.
No Lights on Spectrum Receiver
- Make sure the receiver is plugged into an electrical outlet and that the cord is firmly plugged into the back of the device.
- If the receiver is plugged into a power strip, try plugging it directly into the wall.
- Make sure the receiver isn't plugged into an outlet controlled by a light switch.
- If the is still not powering up, please contact us for further assistance.
Learn more about troubleshooting issues related to your receiver.
Most issues related to receiving Spectrum TV channels can be resolved by resetting your receiver. To do this, unplug your receiver and wait at least 15 seconds before plugging it back in. Wait 30 more seconds, and then turn your receiver back on.
Trouble Receiving Premium Channels
Access to premium channels requires a subscription to Spectrum TV premium channels and compatible receiver. Learn more about Spectrum TV packages.
No Picture After Power Outage
If you're experiencing problems following a power outage, unplug your receiver and wait 15 seconds before plugging it back in. Services may be affected if the power is still out in areas nearby.
A phenomenon known as a sun outage occurs twice a year and may cause periodic service problems in certain areas. Learn more about sun outages and how they may affect your service.
Closed captioning refers to the text displayed on your TV screen. Learn more about activating and deactivating closed captions on your TV or receiver.
Setting Up Spectrum TV Video
HD Autotune-Motorola Video
Troubleshooting Your TV Picture Video
Programming Your DVR Video
Spectrum Guide: Programming Your DVR Video
Programming Your Remote Video
Identifying Your Remote Video
Spectrum Guide: Parental Controls Video
Spectrum Guide: Using Favorites Video
Spectrum Guide: On Demand Video