Changing the Password for your Spectrum Username
This article will help you change the password you use to sign in to Spectrum.net.
To change the password for your Spectrum username:
- Sign in to Spectrum.net.
- Select the Menu icon in the upper left hand corner of the page and choose Manage Account. Then select Settings.
- Underneath your username, you'll see your password and security question. Choose Edit to change them.
- Enter and confirm your new password, following these guidelines:
- Must be different than any previously-used passwords
- Must be between 8 and 20 characters long
- Must contain at least 1 uppercase letter, at least 1 lowercase letter and at least 1 number
- Must not contain easily-guessed character strings like charter, password, 123, abc, etc.
- Must not contain slashes, quotation marks or the greater than symbol
- Choose Save to save your new password.
Spectrum recommends that you change your password every 30-60 days. Learn more about creating a strong password.