Account Change Notification
Various state and federal laws, including the Cable Act, the Telecommunications Act, and Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)* require Charter Communications to protect customer information. We're committed to protecting your personal identifiable information, financial information and telephone records in accordance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
Because of our commitment to protecting your privacy, there will be some instances when only the named account holder, i.e., the person(s) named on the account, can perform certain actions.
In addition to certain restrictions of activity on your account, you'll receive notice when certain activity has taken place on your account.
If you subscribe to Spectrum Voice service, you'll receive an email, voicemail or postcard when any one of the following takes place:
- You request a customer service agent to make a change to your security code.
- You request a customer service agent to make a change to your billing address or you change it through My Account. This includes corrections or case sensitive corrections.
- You request a customer service agent to change the account holder primary email address.
- You request a customer service agent to change the readable voicemail settings, or you change it yourself through Voice Online Manager .
- You request to add or change a customer PIN on your account record. This is an optional added verification process that you may choose to ask a customer service agent to add to your account. This cannot be added or changed online.
- If you make any one, or combination, of the following changes to your account:
- Username (Sign In)
- Security Question
- Security Answer
- Contact Email
- Creation of a new account
Post Card Notification Sample
Email Notification Sample
*The Customer Privacy and Customer Proprietary Network Information can be found at the bottom of every page on Spectrum.net under the section entitled "Your Privacy Rights."