Windows 8: Repairing Your IP Address
The following information will help you troubleshoot IP address problems in Windows 8.
- Select the Start button.
- Type "network problems" into the search field.
- Select "Identify and repair network problems" to run the network troubleshooter.
If the troubleshooter is unable to diagnose and fix issues you are experiencing with your network, verify that:
- Your wireless network is turned on and active.
- WiFi is enabled on your computer.
- Airplane mode is off.
- Your computer is within range of your wireless router.
If you're still experiencing problems connecting your computer to your wireless network, visit Windows Support.