Windows 7: Reinstall Network Adapter
The following information will help you reinstall a network adapter (also known as a network interface controller or NIC) in Windows 7.
- Open the Start menu from the taskbar, then select Control Panel.
- Select View by: Category in the upper right-hand corner of the window.
- Choose System and Security, as shown in the image below.
- Select System, then Device Manager from the menu on the left.
- The Device Manager will display all installed and found hardware on the computer.
- Locate Network Adapters and select the Arrow to expand the category.
- The Network Interface Controller (NIC) will be listed if installed. Right-click the desired adapter, then select Properties, as shown in the image below.
- Navigate to the Driver tab in the NIC Properties.
- Select Uninstall to remove the existing driver from the device manger.
- You'll be prompted to confirm that you want to uninstall the driver.
- Return to the Device Manager, then select Scan for Hardware Changes. The NIC should be reinstalled automatically.