In-home WiFi is a residential service that gives you a superior WiFi experience with Spectrum's unmatched internet bandwidth, allowing you to connect all of your wireless devices to your network. You'll have the speed and range to stream, game and upload with ease across all the devices in your home. For an additional monthly charge, we offer Spectrum customers a WiFi router that provides wireless connectivity for your home and includes dedicated 24/7 support. Learn more about adding In-home WiFi to your household.
Use the quick links below to navigate to the section of your choice.
A home network connects two or more computers together with network interface cards and a network line, and enables the computers to have file- and print-sharing capabilities.
If you choose to use a router with your cable modem, please be aware of the following:
- The cable modem must be plugged into the router's WAN (wide area network) port.
- The router must be configured to work with a DHCP (dynamic host configuration protocol) network.
Find your WiFi name and password.
Connect your device to your WiFi network.
For information, including troubleshooting and setup instructions, find the image below that best represents your WiFi setup.
I have two pieces of equipment for internet & WiFi:(Separate Modem and Router)
Buying Your Own Router
If you choose, you can purchase your own router to use with Spectrum Internet.
- We recommend the router be a draft 802.11N router with a built-in gigabit switch.
- Most 802.11GB and some draft 802.11N routers have a built-in full-duplex 10/100 Ethernet switch, which can inhibit the system from achieving appropriate speeds.
- For heavy internet and multiple wireless device usage (e.g. watching live video on multiple devices), we suggest using a router that provides concurrent dual-band wireless-AC connections.