Self-Install Modem Replacement (Swap)
The following information is for customers who are replacing a Spectrum Internet modem and/or WiFi router.
Self-Install Replacemement Kit Contents
Spectrum Internet Modem Swap (Home Delivery/Store Kits):
- DOCSIS 3.0 Modem
- Power Cord
- Ethernet Cable
- Personalized Welcome Letter
- Easy Installation Guide For Modem Swaps
Getting a Self-Install Kit
There are two ways to get an Internet Self-Install Kit.
- Home Delivery Kit: Contact us to have a kit sent directly to your home. It generally arrives within three days.
- In-store pickup: You can visit one of our stores to get a Self-Install Kit.
Follow the steps below to swap your existing modem or the instructions included in your self-install kit.
Get the installation guide for your modem swap.
Disconnect Your Old Modem
- Identify the modem that is connected to your computer or Wi-Fi router through an Ethernet cable.
- Unplug the old modem power cord from the electrical outlet. If you have a Wi-Fi router connected, unplug this power cord as well.
- Disconnect the coax cable and the Ethernet cable from the old modem.
- If there are phone cables connected to your modem, make a note of which port your phone cable(s) were plugged into. Disconnect the phone cable(s).
Connect Your New Modem
- Connect the coax cable and the Ethernet cable to the new modem.
- If you disconnected the phone cable(s) from your old modem, connect them to the new modem in the same port(s) that they were connected to on the old modem.
- Use the power cord that came with the new modem to connect the modem to the electrical outlet and wait two minutes until your modem turns on.
- If you have a WiFi router, reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet and wait for the router to power up.
Activate the Modem
- Open your Internet browser and go to install.spectrum.com. Select Replace My Equipment to activate the modem.
- Follow the prompts to complete activation.