Security Suite: Managing Licenses
Your Spectrum Internet subscription includes Security Suite licenses for up to 10 computers. Security Suite can be installed on Windows and Mac computers.
Manage Your Licenses
To view your Security Suite licenses:
- Sign in to Spectrum.net with a Head of Household (HoH) or Administrator (Admin) username.
- Hover over My Account, then select Internet.
- Select Go to Security Suite to install, deactivate or reinstall a Security Suite license.
If Security Suite is already open, you can also select Manage Devices at the bottom of the window. You'll be redirected to Spectrum.net to review your licenses.
When installing Security Suite on your computer or laptop, you'll be prompted to create a unique nickname for your device.
A Device Nickname must be shorter than 16 characters and consist of letters, numbers, dashes and/or underscores. For example: Mom- Computer; Joey - Laptop 1, etc.
To edit the nickname of a device, select Reinstall on the Spectrum Security Suite page.
Transfer Security Suite Licenses
You can transfer a Security Suite license from one device to another if you?ve used the maximum number of licenses.
- Locate the device you'd like to remove Security Suite from and then select Reinstall to transfer the license to the current device you're using.
- The Reinstall Security Suite window will open. Select Reinstall to proceed.
- You'll be prompted to select your Operating System and create a Device Nickname. Select Install to continue.
- The Security Suite software will then download to the device.
- Select Run to proceed.
- You should receive a message stating that your subscription has been extended.
- Select Close to exit.
You can also select Deactivate to remove Security Suite from unused devices to free up a license to be used on another device. You'll need to repeat the installation process for each device.
License Limit Exceeded
Your Spectrum Internet subscription includes Security Suite licenses for up to 10 computers. Once all 10 licenses are in use, an Administrator on the account will need to deactivate a device before a new license can be installed.
License Deactivated or Reinstalled
You'll be notified when a license has been deactivated or reinstalled on a different device. This alert informs you that your computer is no longer protected by Spectrum's Security Suite.
If you haven't exceeded your license limit, you can install Security Suite.
No Longer Have Active Service
Security Suite software installed on your computer will expire if you're no longer an active Spectrum Internet customer. You'll need to utilize an alternative security product to protect your computer.