Mac: Uninstall Anti-virus Software
Security Suite includes a feature that will automatically uninstall most antivirus products found to conflict during the installation process. If Security Suite is unable to automatically remove the conflicting software, you will be prompted to manually remove it through your operating system's control.
If you know the name of the security product, you can try the standard software removal steps below. If the product cannot be uninstalled, contact the vendor of the software for support and possibly ask for a removal tool.
Uninstall Existing Anti-virus Software for Mac
- Open your Finder window.
- Select Applications.
- Locate and open the folder for your existing anti-virus software.
- Double-click the software's uninstaller.
Uninstall Security Suite for Mac
If you are experiencing difficulties uninstalling Security Suite through the standard removal process above, you may uninstall the program using the uninstall tool. It is important that you first attempt to uninstall Security Suite through the control panel of your operating system prior to using the uninstall tool.
Locating the Uninstaller
- Double-click the Macintosh HD icon located on your desktop.
- Double-click the Applications folder.
- Double-click the Security Suite folder.
Running the Uninstaller
- To run the Uninstaller, double-click Uninstall Security Suite.
- Click the Uninstall button from the Uninstallation confirmation box to continue.
- Enter your password then click the OK button.
- The Uninstaller will now start removing the Security Suite from your Mac. This process should only take a few seconds to complete.
- When removal of the Security Suite is complete, the Uninstall complete text box will display. Click the OK button to exit.