Security Suite for Mac: Manual Virus Scan
The following information will help you perform a manual virus scan using Security Suite for Mac. Use the quick links below to navigate to a section of your choice.
Security Suite for Mac includes real-time virus and spyware scanning. This means your Mac is scanned for viruses automatically, so you don't need to perform a manual virus scan on a regular basis.
However, if you decide to do so, the following steps will guide you through performing a manual virus scan.
Open Security Suite
- Select the Security Suite padlock icon located on the right side of the Menu Bar to open Security Suite.
Perform a Scan
- To perform a manual virus scan, choose the Scan button.
- You have the option of either scanning your home folder or choosing a specific folder to scan. Select your desired option to start the scan.
- Security Suite will now scan your Mac for viruses and spyware. You can use your computer as normal during the scanning process.
- When scanning is complete, a summary will display letting you know how many viruses were found and removed.
- Select Close when finished.