Security Suite for Mac Installation
The instructions below will guide you through downloading and installing Security Suite on your Mac computer. Use the quick links below to navigate to a section of your choice.
1. Check System Requirements
Prior to installing the Security Suite, ensure your Mac meets the minimum system requirements:
- Mac OS X version 10.6 or later
- Intel processor
- 1250 MB of free disk space
- 1 GB of memory
2. Uninstall Existing Anti-Virus Software
Security Suite will attempt to automatically uninstall or prompt you to manually remove any existing anti-virus software on your computer. If unsuccessful, you'll be prompted to manually remove conflicting software.
If you know the name of the security product, you can try the standard software removal steps below.
If the product can't be uninstalled, contact the vendor of the software for support and a removal tool.
To uninstall existing anti-virus software from a Mac computer:
- Open your Finder window.
- Select Applications.
- Locate and open the folder for your existing anti-virus software.
- Double-click the software's uninstaller.
3. Download Security Suite
- Visit Spectrum.net/Security-Suite , sign in to Spectrum.net and select the Install Now button.
- Select your operating system, give your device a nickname, and then select Install to continue.
- Your web browser will save the file to the Downloads folder on your Mac.
- Open the Downloads folder and double click the Mac Installer file.
4. Installer Welcome
- Select Continue on the Welcome screen.
5. License Agreement
- Read through the agreement, then select Continue when finished.
- If you agree to the terms of the software license, select Agree.
6. Install Location
- Security Suite will perform a standard installation on your primary hard drive. Select Continue.
- Select Install to begin the standard installation.
- Enter your profile password and select Install Software.
7. Installation Progress
- The installer will display the progress of the installation.
- Once install is complete, you'll receive a message indicating The installation was successful. Select Close to quit the installer.
8. Browsing Protection
- You'll be asked if you wish to enable Browsing Protection. Select Install Now to install the Safari browser protection.