Security Suite: Browsing Protection for Mac
Security Suite browsing protection evaluates the safety of websites and restricts unintentional access to harmful websites. The following information will help you manage your browsing protection settings on your Mac computer. Use the quick links below to navigate to a section of your choice.
Mac Browsing Protection
To enable Browsing protection using a Mac device:
- Open Security Suite.
- Select the Status tab, then Preferences.
- Choose the Browsing Protection tab, then select the box next to Turn On browsing protection.
Note: You may need to select the Lock icon at the bottom of the Browsing Protection window in order to make changes to your settings. If prompted, enter the password for your computer to allow changes to be made.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to customize your browsing preferences and to install the browser extension.
When performing a web search using Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc., the status of each website is displayed next to the link in the search results.
- A website verified as safe by F-Secure will display a white check mark inside a green circle.
- A website verified as harmful by F-Secure will display a white X inside a red circle.
- If you try to visit a site that's determined harmful by F-Secure, the site is blocked and you'll receive a message similar to the one below:
- Select Allow website (not recommended), to by pass the warning and continue to the site.