Installation/Service Visit: What to Expect
The following will help you prepare for a Spectrum device installation or service appointment. Use the quick links below to navigate to the section of your choice.
When you schedule an appointment, you can select to receive notifications from Spectrum by email, text message and phone call (message, data and calling rates apply). You can manage your Communication Preferences by signing in to My Account as Head of Household. Learn more about managing your communication preferences.Important Information
- You'll get your first notification when you schedule the appointment.
- You'll need to confirm your appointment for certain services. We'll let you know when this is the case and how you can confirm. Failure to confirm may result in the loss of your appointment.
- If you choose to receive confirmations via email, you'll need to confirm with a phone call. You can't confirm by replying to the email.
- You may not opt out of appointment reminders. You'll receive a phone call by default if you don't choose a preferred method of contact.
- We'll contact you the day before a scheduled appointment using your preferred communication method (phone, email or text).
- If you prefer to receive a phone call, we'll make two attempts to contact you.
- If you confirm your appointment the day before the appointment, we won't contact you the day of the appointment to confirm again.
- If we're unable to confirm your appointment the day before, we'll contact you on the day of the appointment.
- If needed, we'll make two attempts to confirm your appointment on the day of.
- If you don't confirm your appointment, it may be canceled and you'll need to reschedule.
- Someone over the age of 18 with a valid government-issued ID will need to be present for the appointment.
- Installations typically take one to three hours to complete, and service calls typically take one hour to complete.
Manage Appointments Online
Spectrum customers have the option to view, reschedule and cancel appointments online at Spectrum.net. Learn more about managing appointments online.
- Please make sure all gates and fences are unlocked, as the technician may need access to both the inside and outside of your home.
- Please secure all pets while our technician is at your location.
- Verify with the technician where you want the outlet to be installed before installation begins. Depending on the service, the technician may need to place the outlet in another area for optimal results.
- All existing cable outlets being used must be accessible.
- There must be a cable and non-switched power outlet near each device (TV, phone, computer, etc.) you want connected (especially for internet).
- Please be sure all personal property (TV, furniture, etc.) is set-up and moved at least three feet away from the work area. To protect your property, we ask that you move your furniture/property prior to our visit.
- All TVs and computers you want connected must be in your home at the time of the installation, as additional service visits may be subject to additional installation fees.
- All equipment (wireless cards, modems, etc.) must be accessible.
- If you have a High-Speed Internet installation scheduled, please make sure that your computer meets the minimum service requirements. The technician will verify this prior to installation.
- Please point out any personal property the technician needs to be aware of to prevent unnecessary damage, including, but not limited to, underground obstructions, tress/landscaping, attic and/or crawl space hazardous conditions, etc.
- The technician will verify that all services are working upon completion of the service visit.
- You may receive an automated survey call so you can rate your customer experience related to the technician?s visit.
Installation of Spectrum services may require property modifications. If you're renting or leasing, confirm the Spectrum services being installed with your property owner.
Customers living in an apartment or condo complex, we advise you to obtain permission to install the new outlets. Please check with your management office prior to the installation date.
Spectrum Voice Installation
Below is additional information for transferring a phone number from another service provider (porting a number):
The number must be currently working in order for the phone number to be released to Spectrum.
If you're bringing your number from another provider, you don't need to call them to disconnect your phone service. Our request to bring your number from your current provider notifies them to disconnect your phone service once our installation is complete.
If you have a different long-distance provider from your local service provider and you have chosen Spectrum for your long distance or you are subscribing to our unlimited long-distance package, you'll need to disconnect your long-distance service.
When we request your phone number from another provider, we only bring over the phone number. You'll need to request calling features and advise a customer service agent of your preference of having your number listed in the directory (and available through directory assistance: 411) or private (not listed in the directory or available through directory assistance).
If you're taking a new phone number from us (also known as a host number) and you have existing phone service, you'll need to contact your existing provider to discontinue service if you don't wish to have service with us and another provider.
Phone numbers are not guaranteed until installation is complete.
- Make sure any home security alarm systems are turned off during service appointments.
- The technician will install one telephone jack free of charge.
- Additional telephone jacks are subject to a fee and need to be added to your work order prior to installation.
- The technician will ensure that all telephone jacks used with your previous provider are working upon completion of the service visit.
In the event of a power outage, Spectrum Voice customers will not be able to make or receive calls (including 911 calls). A battery backup option may allow customers to make or receive calls provided the Spectrum plant is operational during a power outage. A backup battery can be purchased directly from us for a one-time fee of $35. The battery and installation instructions will be mailed to your address for simple self-installation. Please contact us to order your backup battery.